Healthcare Transportation Monitoring
For healthcare facilities, ensuring the safety and proper upkeep of temperature-sensitive assets such as organs and tissues during transportation is essential. CenTrak’s temperature and environmental monitoring solution helps healthcare facilities better manage these in-transit inventories, enabling facilities to maintain compliance, improve patient safety, eliminate product loss and increase staff productivity.
CenTrak’s Smarter Sensor™ can help hospital transportation teams meet compliance standards and track data remotely throughout the duration of their assets’ journey inside the same facility or in-transit from one location to another with comprehensive transportation monitoring.
How CenTrak Works
CenTrak is a wireless temperature and environmental monitoring solution designed for the healthcare industry. The system utilizes environmental and temperature sensorsthat records data remotely. This allows the data to remain in a single location while minimizing manual recording or collection needs in the healthcare transportation temperature monitoring process.
The sensors themselves come in several forms so they can be used in different healthcare environments. Environmental sensors, both with and without LCD screens, are mounted on the outside of the subject area, like a cooler. Meanwhile, a buffer bottle is place inside; within each bottle a connected probe is attached to the sensor and monitors the conditions of temperature-sensitive assets inside. Each sensor can support up to two probes, so a single sensor can monitor multiple subjects, environments, as well as sense if the door/cooler lid was left ajar.
CenTrak’s compliance monitoring system can record conditions at configurable intervals every five, ten or fifteen minutes, for example, to ensure that facilities know when a change in environmental conditions has occurred. The method in which alerts are delivered to staff is also customizable (i.e. pages, phone calls, emails, etc. for quick and easy responses reducing product waste.
Healthcare Transportation Environmental Monitoring Benefits
These features provide a comprehensive monitoring solution designed to help healthcare facilities ensure in-transit tissues and temperature-sensitive assets are safe for patient use. Other benefits of this system include:
- Low long-term sensor power consumption
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certification
- Communication using pre-existing Wi-Fi infrastructures as well as a CenTrak dedicated network within the healthcare facility
- Separate collection and storage of data within sensors for up to a month, even when they are out of network range to ensure coverage is continuous
- Covering temperature range from -200 °C to 200 °C with 0.75 °C accuracy
- Customizable reporting rates
How CenTrak Helps
Manual temperature recording during transportation can be both inaccurate and dangerous. For smaller coolers, this can result in faster temperature changes or possible contamination to the tissues and other assets inside. With an automatic monitoring system, in-transit teams can avoid these dangers by monitoring the condition of transported temperature-sensitive materials. A few of the other benefits of this system include:
- Automation: The system collects data regarding the conditions of transport coolers and other mobile storage units at set intervals using sensors. This minimizes the incidence of delayed or inconsistent temperature records.
- Accuracy: The CenTrak sensors can feasibly handle temperatures as cool as -200 °C and as hot as 200 °C, providing accurate readings down to three-quarters of a degree. They can even be used to track the location and movement of a mobile cooler.
- Efficiency: CenTrak sensors use energy at a low rate, giving them remarkably long battery lives. This means sensor batteries don’t need to be replaced as often, and there’s less risk of a sensor running out of energy in the middle of transport.
- Customizability: The CenTrak system and its associated sensors are easily customizable and user-friendly, so they can alert staff to a problem in the most efficient way possible.
These factors ensure all in-transit materials and tissues are handled appropriately, and all equipment and materials are safe for patients.
CenTrak’s temperature and environmental monitoring solution ensures your healthcare facility is compliant with:
- FDA 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 11
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- The Joint Commission (JCAHO)
- The State Board of Health
Learn More About CenTrak
For more information about the CenTrak system, call us toll-free at 800-515-2928 to set up a free demo, or contact us via our website.