For pharmacies, ensuring medications and vaccines are maintained under recommended storage conditions is mission critical for maintaining the integrity of the medications to be dispensed.
Unfortunately, the variability within many refrigerators and freezers can be a cause for potentially inadequate temperatures. Medications known to be affected by temperatures, either hot or cold, include:
- Injectable drugs for diabetes: insulin, Byetta, Symlin and Victoza
- Eye-drop medications: Azacite, Phospholine Iodide, Travatan and Travatan Z, Xalatan
- Inhaled medications: Brovana, Foradil
- Copaxone, used to treat multiple sclerosis
- Forteo, used to treat osteoporosis
- Fortical (calcitonin Nasal spray)
- Octreotide, used to treat acromegaly
CenTrak is reliable and offers the most advanced, wireless pharmacy environmental monitoring and pharmacy temperature monitoring solution, enabling these facilities to maintain compliance, eliminate product loss and ensure patient safety. Staff can take immediate action when storage conditions fall outside of safe temperatures. By reducing product waste and safeguarding inventory levels, pharmacies can make certain that medication is available the moment patients are in need.
CenTrak’s Smarter Sensor™ eliminates the need for manual reporting, improving staff productivity and workflow.
- Easily monitor medications and vaccines that require strict temperature-controlled conditions
- Reliable and accurate wireless temperature, air pressure, humidity, and CO2 monitoring 24/7
- Monitoring of third-party devices such as oxygen tanks
- Customizable reporting rates and automated compliance reports
- Sends alerts when measurements are approaching set parameters
As one would expect, when people manually record refrigeration temperatures and conditions, the information can potentially be inconsistent and therefore capture inaccurate data. Automated environmental monitoring systems are not only user-friendly, they are also customizable. The customization element allows users to document information deemed relevant, including humidity, temperature and other important storage conditions. At the application level, users can view refrigeration groups and receive alerts when units are outside of the set thresholds.
CenTrak is also capable of generating a variety of useful reports on multiple units. As an added bonus, the monitoring system can depict an example of the report before it’s exported or printed. It can also provide alerts, such as low battery, which helps prevent interrupted transmissions. Customizable alert notifications allow the user to define the parameters, as well as choose the method of alerts.
CenTrak’s temperature and environmental monitoring solution ensures your pharmacy is compliant with:
- FDA 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Part 11
- USP 797
- The Joint Commission (JCAHO)
- CDC Vaccines Storage and Handling
Learn More About Pharmacy and Vaccine Environmental Monitoring
To learn more about pharmacy and vaccine environmental monitoring solutions and how they can help your facility meet compliance standards, prevent medication spoiling and ultimately increase patient safety, download the Environmental Monitoring for Pharmacy Overview.